The Garden Sheds and Workshops Range Technical Specification
We use only the best materials for our garden sheds and workshops. Our deal buildings are constructed using kiln dried slow grown pine from one of Sweden’s northern sawmills. Our cedar buildings are constructed using Canadian Western Red kiln dried cedar. Malvern Garden Buildings sheds are renowned for their strength, longevity and superior quality finish.
Important points to note about Malvern Garden Buildings sheds and workshops:
- All buildings are fully guaranteed to be free from defects and faulty installation for a period of 12 months.
- We would like to remind customers that timber is an organic product and subject to naturally occurring changes that result from different environmental conditions, i.e. changes in colour, surface splits and shrinkage. We cannot accept responsibility for these natural changes.
- Pressure treated floor bearers laid on top of your prepared base are an important and valuable option, as they allow the circulation of air underneath the timber floor and help to keep it dry and sound.
- All of our deal and cedar buildings are treated with a good quality preservative on the inside, as well as the outside, prior to leaving the factory. We recommend that you re-treat your building at regular intervals to maintain its appearance and lifespan.
- Cedar buildings have cedar windows, doors and external cladding only, i.e. they have deal framing, floors, roofs and verandahs.
- Ironmongery is black japanned as standard.
- 4mm toughened float glass is used as standard (the Bewdley range is glazed with 3mm horticultural glass, and playhouses are glazed with safety acrylic).
- All roofs are protected with a layer of mineral felt unless otherwise stated, available in a choice of three colours.
- All building dimensions stated are approximate, based on external wall sizes.
- All timber used in the construction of our buildings originates from sustainable forests.