The Traditional Range Technical Specification
We use only the best materials for our Traditional Range of garden rooms and summerhouses. Our deal buildings are constructed using kiln dried slow grown pine from one of Sweden’s northern sawmills. Our cedar buildings are constructed using Canadian Western Red kiln dried cedar. We offer a wide variety of buildings to choose from, to suit all garden needs and budgets.
Important points to note about Malvern Garden Buildings Traditional Range:
- All buildings are fully guaranteed to be free from defects and faulty installation for a period of 12 months.
- We would like to remind customers that timber is an organic product and subject to naturally occurring changes that result from different environmental conditions, i.e. changes in colour, surface splits and shrinkage. We cannot be held responsible for these natural changes.
- Pressure treated floor bearers laid on top of your prepared base are an important and valuable option, as they allow the circulation of air underneath the timber floor and help to keep it dry and sound.
- All of our deal and cedar buildings are treated with a good quality preservative on the inside, as well as the outside, prior to leaving the factory. We recommend that you re-treat your building at regular intervals to maintain its appearance and lifespan.
- All of our pressure treated buildings have pressure treated floors and roofs. All deal and cedar buildings have deal roofs and floors, which are treated with our standard treatment.
- Cedar buildings have cedar windows, doors and external cladding only, i.e. they have deal framing, floors, roofs and verandahs.
- Ironmongery is black japanned as standard unless otherwise stated.
- All roofs are protected with a layer of polyester mineral felt unless otherwise stated, available in a choice of three colours.
- All building dimensions stated are approximate, based on external wall sizes.
- All timber used in the construction of our buildings originates from sustainable forests.