Kew Garden Room
The Kew Garden Room is influenced by the ornamental buildings designed by Sir William Chambers at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and echoes the centuries-old landscape architecture seen on the Grand Tours.
Exclusive design features like the pewter-style ironmongery and roof finials set this garden building apart, and ensure it will prove timeless in style and enduring in quality.
- Handcrafted in Worcestershire.
- Built with superior grade, Kiln dried Western Red Cedar from sustainable forests.
- Fully insulated, lined walls and roof – plus additional floor insulation – for year-round use.
- Constructed with a robust 19mm redwood heavy duty floor.
- Solid cedar doors and windows made with traditional mortice and tenon joints.
- Doors feature five-lever mortice locks.
- Five-layer roof system for extra weather proofing. Cedar shingle roof tiles are placed over heavy duty mineral felt, tongue and groove solid timber inner roof, insulation and inner lining.
- Finished externally with a solid cedar roof fascia.
- Each Kew Collection building receives several coats of a highly durable and weather resistant primer and paint system, to protect and enhance.
- The comprehensive paint system comprises of two layers of primer, followed by a base and top coat of Kew Grey luxury paint – exclusive to this collection.
- Every Kew Collection building has a 12 year guarantee against rot and decay.
- Georgian-style, full length glazing (windows and doors)
- Hand forged, cast iron door and window hardware with a pewter finish
- Hardwearing, decorative flooring
- Antique-style interior skirting board
- Traditional width, patterned, moisture resistant internal lining boards
Building Construction Cross Section
Treated tongue & groove timber roof
Heavy duty felt
Cedar tongue and groove cladding
Premium Quality Materials
Every building in the Kew Collection is handmade from kiln dried Western Red Cedar.
Revered for it’s natural durability (due to it’s resistance to rot and decay) and superior thermal insulating properties, this beautiful timber helps provide character and distinction to our carefully crafted garden buildings.