Rudding Park Recipe: A Taste of Summer
Rudding Park has shared this light and delicious summer salad – inspired by the ingredients all picked fresh from their Kitchen Garden on site.
We’re currently running a competition to win a complete al fresco dining experience in the Breeze House at Rudding Park for 6 with a Taittinger Champagne reception. Enter here.
- 8 baby carrots
- 8 baby turnips
- 8 radish
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 300g beetroot
- 300g golden beetroot
- 12 baby onions
- 200g goats cheese
- 50ml whipping cream
- 200g carrots
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 4g truffle
- 20g pea shoots
For the pickling liquor:
- 350ml cider vinegar
- 15oml water
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots. Then boil in salted water with thyme until soft and puree. Season to taste.
- Place items for pickling liquor in a pan bring to the boil. Simmer until sugar dissolves and leave to cool.
- Boil the beetroot until just cooked. Cool, peel and cut into wedges. Place half into pickling liquor for 45-60 minutes.
- Slice the rest of the vegetables however you like. Keep half raw and place the rest in the pickling liquor for 45-60 minutes.
- Mix the goats cheese and cream until smooth. Season and place into a piping bag.
- Slice the cucumber very thin and roll up (this is to pipe the goat’s cheese in).
- Swipe the carrot puree on the bottom of the plate.
- Arrange the raw and pickled vegetables on top.
- Fill the cucumber roll with the goat’s cheese and place onto a plate.
- Finish with pea shoots and grated fresh black truffle on top.